Growing up, I’ve always loved using events to tell stories. Whether I was planning a surprise party for my sisters or an Anniversary dinner for my parents, everything had a storyline. One of my favorite childhood memories is when my sisters and I planned an Anniversary Party for our parents. We thought of everything! Tony! Toni! Tone!’s “Anniversary” was on repeat in the background, we cooked their favorite meal (well we tried) for them to enjoy at a “romantic” table for two filled with candles, pictures of us (of course), tennis rackets and basketballs. Our Parents met playing tennis (my mom won… sorry dad!) and basketball means everything to my family. As tacky as our décor sounds and looked (we were young… give us a break!) thinking about that dinner still gives me goose bumps because it was filled with everything that meant something to our parents, told their story, and celebrated their history. Even though my design aesthetic has matured (thankfully), I still believe there is something magical about an event that is filled with intentional details, and effortlessly tells a unique and personal story.
At Melanie & Co. we tell stories through intentional details with understated elegance and a pinch of the unexpected. We strive to create an experience where you feel loved and like you and your story are being well taken care of. On your big day, you should feel like a guest at your own wedding with no worries or stress about wants happening next. This is the time for you to soak up as many memories as possible while you celebrate the beginning of a new chapter with your friends and family!
Every event tells a Story, what will yours say?
Ps. find out how we can help tell your story by contacting us today!
– I’m Small Town California Girl… Yes, there are small towns in California!
– 90’s Hip Hop and R&B Enthusiast
– Sports Connoisseur
– I love managing logistics and organized chaos
– Giving back and helping others is one of my favorite things to do
– I can’t sing but in my car… I perform
– Leopard print is a neutral
– I’m a wannabe reader… I buy books with the best intentions (I just read so slow)
– Taco Night is my favorite night
– I’m the 6th Spice Girl… Sassy Spice, Hello! I mean my name is Melanie… Let it sink in
– Handwritten notes are my jam
– Time with my friends and family is everything
– I crave understated elegance
– I live my life one laugh and an exclamation mark at a time! (I’m sorry to every English/Grammar teacher I’ve ever had)
– I adore events that make you feel like you’re in a dream and tell a beautiful story at the same time!
“Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion” We believe laughter is the best medicine to every chapter of life.
“Be the Light in someone else’s life” We believe a little snail mail of gratitude, an “I’m thinking of you”, and encouragement can brighten up the darkest days.
Coloring outside the Lines:
“Why fit in when you can stand out” We believe there are no rules to wedding/event planning! Dare to be different, transcend trends and being your authentic true self.
“I remember it like it was yesterday” We believe in creating stories to tell your future kids and grandkids so vividly it feels like it was yesterday.
“We rise by lifting others” For every Melanie & Co Production, a donation is made to Feeding America.